What is micellar water and why is it considered one of the best face care products? We give you the answer to all your questions about micellar water just down!
Focus on micellar water and its properties!
Micellar water is sold as a miracle product for skin care of face. It is included in the range of collections of major cosmetic brands and is recommended in advertisements for facial cleansing. In addition, she is supposed to have hydration properties and regeneration and have an entirely natural origin. But is this product really so effective? What does it contain and how to use it? Here is the essential thing to know about micellar waters and their properties:
What is micellar water?
Micellar water takes its name from micelles, that is, small particles that float in fresh water. These particles have the specificity of behaving like an oil. They are particularly attracted by the accumulated dirt on the skin. As a result, they attach to unwanted elements and eliminate them without causing irritation and drying of the face.
If you have never used micellar waters before, you will notice that they look a lot like tap water. On the other hand, they have a different texture.
This natural product can help you clean your skin naturally and easily. Basically, it does not contain chemical additives or alcohol. For this reason, it is especially recommended by specialists for people who have dry or sensitive skin.
Below you can read some tips on the benefits of micellar waters and how best to use them in your beauty routine.
What is the origin of micellar water?
The history of micellar water goes back to 1918. It is in France that the product was used for the first time. At the time, it was used to replace hard water in Paris. This aggravated the conditions of the skin and its sensitivity. It also had adverse effects on people already suffering from skin diseases, such as dermatitis, eczema and acne. The alternative of micellar water, as for it, proved itself very effective!
What is the content of this skin care facial product?
Many people refuse to buy a skin care product that contains only water. This is because they think that tap water can very well replace the product sold in stores. But this is not necessarily the case.
Micellar waters have the ability to clean the skin due to the properties of the oils it contains. For this reason, they have very different characteristics compared to tap water. That said, it should be noted that there are many variations of the product.
What are the benefits of micellar waters?
Micellar waters have several benefits and proven benefits to the face. You can use them as a cleanser in the morning. In this way, you make sure you start the day with a fresh face before applying your daily makeup.
In addition, micellar waters are ideal cleaners for removing makeup from the face in the evening.
What are its advantages and disadvantages?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this type of make-up remover and skin care? To give you a complete info sheet on micellar waters, we have listed the most important strengths and weaknesses to remember.
The strong points
Regarding the advantages, it should be noted that the product:
- is an exceptional cleanser for the skin of the face;
- works perfectly for a quick cleansing of the skin;
- is ideal for correcting small imperfections and faux pas de maquillage;
- can help you quickly touch up your makeup during the day. In addition, you will not even have to remove the rest of your makeup to retouch a particular area.
- is a soft and delicate product for the skin (this point may vary according to the brand, it is always recommended to carefully read the list of components).
The weak spots
As for the disadvantages, it should be known that:
- for the correct use of the product, it is advisable to apply it using cotton cleansers. Simply pouring micellar water on the face will not have the desired effect;
- micellar wipes do not act the same way as water. In most cases, they contain more additives, some people have also reported skin irritation after using micellar wipes;
- micellar waters do not remove any type of makeup. This is particularly the case for water-resistant products, such as mascara, eyeliner and foundation;
- many varieties of this skin care product are currently available on the market (there are even homemade micellar water recipes!). Some may contain additives and fragrances, which does not correspond to the content of the basic product.
- micellar waters do not work as well for people with oily skin;
- some micellar waters can be expensive. It is recommended to learn about different brands and varieties to find the ideal skin care for your face and your budget.
What you need to know to use the product
What you need to know about how to use micellar waters? For starters, remember that the best way to use this type of product is by following the manufacturer's instructions. In general, the recommended way to serve micellar water is to apply it to the face with a cotton pad. We told you, it's simple!
In addition, it is good to know that unlike other cosmetic products, micellar waters do not vary depending on the types of skin. In other words, you can use it regardless of your skin, including if you have problems such as acne. In the latter case, this kind of cleanser will especially help you open your pores before going to bed.
In contrast, micellar waters could not remove water-resistant makeup products. This is the case, for example, with water-resistant mascara that can not be cleaned only with this type of cleansing product.
For best results, try to get pure micellar water that matches the original formula.